Saturday, September 29, 2007

I've been busy, okay

It seem the faster I go the more behinder I get.

Let's see, since no one wants to answer the trivia quotes, I'll post the answers.
1) "I know nothing..." Klaus (is that his name) the guard from Hogan's Heroes
2) "If this should have a reason.." Steppenwolf - Rock Me, Baby (theme from the movie Candy)
3) "If drafted I will not run...." William Sherman - Civil War General

okay look for a new quote soon

******************** Concert Review ***********************
I went to see Nickelback on my birthday in July. I think I'll do a review.

Puddle of Mudd and Staind opened. Before I could relate to the new music, I was unimpressed with Puddle of Mudd because it sounded like noise. They have a couple of songs that I actually recognised. However, the vocals were weak and they had the energy level of a person coming of anesthesia. Staind was better but still kinda subdued. I like most of what I've heard from them, but just felt like they weren't trying very hard. Both the bands seemed like the guitarists never play a lead lick in their lives. It wasn't like there was any other lead instrument. The Bassist looked like he was an old heroin addict. 5'10" and about 98lbs. He was, in my opion, the best musician of the two bands. The NIckelback came out. More stage, more volume, lights and flash. After the two openers, how could they lose. Okay, I liked them. I've never been a hugh fan, but they're okay. Great Job, some technical problems, but a good show. They palyed all their hits except "Not like this" which I expected. Good videos and Chad Kroeger was good as a frontman, explaining their history and such. They kept talking about Pantera and I got the impression they wished they were Panters. Personally I think they're better than Pantera. All in all, I good show. A bit lacking but I'd not seen a concert like that in some time and I had a good time.

3 comments:

Hawkeye said...

What ho Portfolio?

Still here, Will write more asap, lots of balls in the air right now.

Life is short, Enjoy the ride.

Patrick! said...

Well Well nice to hear from the left coast. Check out the slugfest at "follow in your books". lookin forward to lots of interaction.

Suzanne Lanoue said...

I didn't see the quotes, sorry.
His name is Sergeant Schultz... :)

Klaus is the fish on American Dad!

I've heard of Nickelback but don't think I've heard any of their songs, that I recall.