Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Hampshire Debate

I was able to watch the debate last week and came away surprised. First, I just want to say that Congressman Tancredo's sound bite was great. They were discussing Iran's nuclear program and what to do about it. A few were tip-toeing around any positive action. He says: "Political Correctness is going to kill us." and he's right. The next President will have to be ready to deal decisivly with that madman Ahmadinejad. But I digress.

I was impressed with homeboy Duncan Hunter and his desire to control the border. And then I was shocked that Mccann actually sounded like a Republican. I wrote him off a while back but here he sounded like he was back with the program. I'm not sure I trust him, but maybe he'd make a good Vice.

My current favorite is Giuliani, although he's a little weak on social issues. He's stated that he's against abortion, but doesn't feel it's his choice. I'm disappointed, but there are other issues I need addressed and he has the track record of dealing with them well. The gallery was interviewed afterwards and people kept saying they are tired of him quoting his record as Mayor. This is because they have no real experience in leadership.

I would like to see Newt as President but he hasn't announced yet, and the cool-aid drinkers will do everything they can to keep him out.

Otherwise the rest of the debate was as expected but Ron Paul will have to see his tailor about a sheep suit that fits a little better. He was pretty oviously a plant from the other camp.

And what is this about these wimpy little guys running for President? Paul, Lieberman, and Kucinich look like refugee's from a Woody Allen convention. I don't know about you, but I want a President who doesn't look like he's going to wet himself the first time Al Franken screams "liar" (and you know he will).

On a P.S. It seems French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner is trying to get the U.N. to drop more sanctions against Iran. Did I say French? Alarm Clocks are going off all over Europe and people are starting to wake up. Go Bernie!

Wow! Did I say all that? Later....

1 comment:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

I enjoyed reading about the horses... put more of that stuff in :) Laurie sent me your pictures the other day...you guys look great! I put a new pic of me on my blog, so I hope you can read it.