Thursday, September 20, 2007

On a Lighter note....

Went into Grand Forks tonight. It's getting foggy out here. It's cool early in the evening as the fog creeps across the ground. Kinda stinks later when you can't hardly see the side of the road. The biggest worry I have is deer. They are not too bright and tend to wander across the highway at random. The temp's dropping lately, (it does that here) so the critters seem to be busier now. A lot of skunks and Racoons. The family of foxes that live down the road haven't been seen for awhile. Then, the other night, I'm bringing my daughter Eliza home from her work and as we're about to come to the town just west of us, I flip on my high beam and narrowly miss 5 or 6 horses wandering across the road. So we pull into town (pop 205) and the only place open is the bar and the firestation across the street. We go into the fire station and tell them what we saw and this girl says "oh, they would be Alice's" and proceeds to call her up on her cell. My good deed for the week. Oh, yeah, this mornig when I went out to feed Whiskey before going to work I heard Coyotes. Wow.

Later kids!

No comments: