Saturday, November 24, 2007

Of Turkeys and Snow

Feliz día de pavo

Another day another turkey. It has passed and we are all stuffed. We were going to have Kay-Cee's Family (total of 10) but they backed out kinda late. 22 pound turkey plus lots of other appetizers and food. So we spent the day cooking and eating and we have lots of leftovers. Very quiet day. Watched Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart and Evan Almighty. Got to bed late

Weather's turned cold here. It's been flurrying a lot but there's not much on the ground. Maybe we'll have another dry winter. It'll be cold, but snow won't be a factor. The tree breaks are transparent without the leaves. This one around the house is kinda thin. I fenced off a portion of it for the horses but we leave the power off when we aren't using it. This was probably a bad idea because the wandering deer have messed it up and I can't use it until I get out there and fix it. I wasn't going to use it during the winter anyway, so I'll wait until it gets warm.

I never get out and wander around parts of the yard. I get out to the quanset or to the barn to feed the horses, but I haven't been to a lot of the edges and corners of the place. I want to get the 4-wheeler working before I have to shovel. I'll get some pictures and post them soon.

Patrick!

2 comments:

Hawkeye said...

Hello once again those in the frozen North lands. Well, it is not frozen yet, but just be patient and it will happen. Thanks for sending me a link to your blog site I've been trying to find it so that I can making use of my new Dragon Naturally Speaking voice-recognition system.

Well, apparently this system works, so it was really good to get this software. I feel much more comfortable speaking instead of typing, which I do still with two fingers. I get going pretty good, but you know those two fingers get tired after awhile.

I'd love to see some pictures of your property out there, give you good excuse to go out for a walk. Good for the mind good for the body. I guess you wouldn't want to get to overstocked for the winter, around the midsection.

I'm glad there's people like you out there surfing out on the net, with as little time as I have to watch the news it's good to know that the other side is getting the story out in front of the public. We all know it's a liberal dominated press so we have to make do and make adjustments in order to keep the word of common sense in front of the people.
More than once I've had the idea of picking up all the pointy-headed liberal left wing wackos and give them a quick tap of a forehead saying stop that!, pop into my head.

We've all been there before, remember the 60s and the 70s. Yet other was something to hang onto, but we figured once we got this taking care of everything else would be find. Well, 30 or 40 years later it scenes were still there. And if we are moving towards doom and gloom in the apocalyptic end times, at the rate we're going, you and I and all the others will have gone HOME long before it happens.

Patrick! said...

Thanks for the support. I hope you spend some time here and read some of the past stuff. I seems I have two readers: my sister and my best friend. Hey! get Monkeyboy on this too. Tell him I say "Hi!" and all that. How are the kids.