Friday, September 12, 2008

Just A Thought

Okay, so they successfully fired off the Large Hadron Collider the other day. Fifteen Years and 6.2 billion dollars spent to get a 30 second flash of light. This might be the first step in defining the Big Bang. While this is probably important on some geek level, I can't help wondering if understanding how the universe began is ultimately beneficial. Then I started thinking how many third-world countries could have been educated into the 21st century with all that time and money. But I'm sure that I'm missing something here.

2 comments:

JVaughan said...

I only heard about this a day or two ago, and wonder if it is yet another attempt to discredit the Biblical account of creation.

J. V.

Suzanne Lanoue said...

I completely agree, Pat, that it is a waste of money. The U.S. spent 8 billion $ on it. Then again, they spend 10 million every month on the war, so....the point is we waste a lot of money on stupid stuff instead of helping our people, let alone other people.