Friday, August 8, 2008

Motorcycle Training

It's been awhile but I'm back for now. Laurie and I spent a weekend down in Fargo at the NDMSF training seminar. North Dakota Motorcycle Safety Foundation. This organization is national out of California and they hold seminars on motorcycle skills. If you are a new rider or a wanna-be new rider you can take this three-day class and learn the skills to pass the driver's test and operate a bike safely. The class was fun and we both passed. Some DMVs will waive the practical test at the DMV if you've had this course. Many insurance carriers will also grant a discount for it. I beat her on the written test (big deal) but she whaled on me with the practical. Maybe because she's been riding her bike a bit. Anyway, they hold the class on a closed-course so you don't have to worry about traffic. You go through a series of exercises to teach operations, turning, stopping etc. They have a bunch of smaller bikes (175cc and 250cc in our case) so the bike isn't overwhelming. The instructor's were great and I learned a lot. Now I just have to go get my license.

2 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

That sounds great! Laurie, the nurse biker mama! LOL!
Give us a pic.

JVaughan said...

Could she have some Governor Palin in her?