Sunday, July 20, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies July 2008

This is a movie review! Those of you who are easily offended need not read this. May contain spoilers.

Hancock. I really enjoyed this movie. All I knew was what I had seen in the trailers except for an interview with Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman. Big movie plug but I didn't watch much of it. Liked the humor and effects. The movie moved pretty good so I never had a chance to process much or get bored. The actual relationship between Will and Charlize's characters surprised me. And I really thought someone was going to die badly and I'd be upset. I liked it and recommended it.

Get Smart. Seen it twice. Good effects. and a lot of that thing where they reference the old show. I like Masi Oki and it took awhile to realize his name was Bruce Lee. Also I like Dwayne Johnson as he is becoming a great actor. Often, people who come from sports have a hard time breaking free of their stereotype. Alex Carras did it. "Let me see the eyebrow again, Rock!" I think Steve Carell is becoming a great actor too. Is this the first time Caan and Arkin have made a movie together since Freebie and the Bean? Maybe there will be a sequel with a bigger part for agent 13 (Bill Murray) and Hymie (Patrick Warburton). I'm a big fan of Patrick's due to the vocal subtleties he used in "The Emporer's New Grove". Gush Gush, I just like movies.

We had no pay channels on our Dish but were recording so many movies from pay-per-view that just getting Cinemax will save us money.

4 comments:

Suzanne Lanoue said...

Cinemax, eh? You know we call that "Skin-a-Max" for a reason :)
Why not get Showtime, they have most of the great movies, plus some great shows like "Dexter".

I didn't understand you reference on my blog to Alan and Jimmy...??

Patrick! said...

Nice to hear from you, sis. We got Cinemax because it's mostly movies and that's what we like best. As for Dexter, I think it's a stupid show. Just because a psycho only kills evil people it doesn't excuse his behavior. Also I just can't get into a serial killer as a tragic hero type. Phoo! My other reference was to your neighbors Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet.

Suzanne Lanoue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BROTHER!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

JVaughan said...

Greetings!:

Though belated, due to just learning of this from your sister's blog, I join her in congratulating you on your recent birthday!

So she is good at doling out the osculation?

J. V.