Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII


43 - 8

I had no dogs in the fight. However, I do have a dislike for two of the rival teams in the AFC West, one of them being Denver. I have a personal opinion that Payton Manning is a great athelete as well as a great human being. However, I think he's a bit full of himself and is overrated by the press. Especially since his younger brother is constantly being portrayed as the lesser of the two brothers despite Eli's earning more Super Bowl wins than his brother.

I had to Google the Seahawks to find the name Russell Wilson to know who their quarterback was. See, I didn't really follow the year that much and normally only watch the progress of a couple of teams. Seattle is not one of them. Still, with my attitude towards Denver, I only wanted two things from the game. I wanted Denver to lose, and I wanted to watch a good competition. I got the win I wanted, but the game itself was a complete disappointment due to the complete failure of the Denver teams to show any of the fire they exhibited all year. If you are going to beat out every other team in the AFC to get to the Super Bowl, you'd better play like you want to win it.

Totally blown out in the first half, I had hopes of the Broncos coming out for the second half adjusted and ready to make a show of it, but they didn't.

No comments: