Monday, February 10, 2014

High Tech vs. Human resources

I'm trying to get my W-2s for last year. I worked at one company at the beginning of the year, and another near the end. Both are not where I can just drive down and ask for them. Calling the units, I get voice mail continuously. Going online the websites lead you in an endless loop of employment opportunities and community outreach. HR does not exist. What I had to do was search google for the companies corporate offices, and through the switchboard (press "1" for English) was able to leave messages for them to please contact me.

In this age of electronics and infinite social media, it seems that no one in business is ever near a phone to take a call, or so overwhelmed putting out fires, that they can't answer it anyway.

It just seems odd.

No comments: