Saturday, April 2, 2011

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Well, 3 nouns and 1 adjective. 2 nouns are just wrong. I'm back I don't know for how long. Life continues. This is where I am. First, I have fallen once again madly in love with my wife. We are going away for a bit and will begin a new segment of our lives when we get back. She wants to travel more, I'm looking at schooling. We are going to be Grandparents! My daughter has grown up. Not completely, but a fine young lady. Alex is persuing his dreams and going to be attending a 4-year college soon. Just love my kids. The family will be going to Washington DC for T.A.P.S. this year. It's spring and the worst of winter is over, here comes the floods. North Easter Lake is forming. That is where my north hay field floods until the drain channel thaws enough to drain it. I keep hearing the first line of Cream's song, Tales of Brave Ulyses. "You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, so you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun." Bring on the violence, can't wait. Last January, LM laid off 165 employees. I am out-of-work but looking. It's hard to find $16.00 an hour, even though the ND economy is the best in the nation. My favorite Governer is in Washington now in the Senate. We replaced two of the three Dems from our state and the third won't be running again. What else? Who knows. It's a new year and I might have more hope. God is still in control.

No comments: